- Never summon Anything you can't banish.
- Never put asafoetida on the rocks in the sweat lodge.
- Do not attempt to walk more than 10 paces while wearing all of your
ritual jewelry, dream bags and crystals at the same time.
- When proposing to initiate someone, do not mention the Great Rite,
leer, and say, "Hey, your trad or mine?"
- Never laugh at someone who is skyclad. They can see you, too.
- Never, *ever* set the Witch on fire.
- Looking at nifty pictures is not a valid path to mastering the ancient
grimoires. Please read thoroughly and carefully from beginning to end so
that your madness and gibberings will at least make some sense.
- A good grasp of ritual and ritual techniques are essential! In the
event of a random impaling, or other accidental death amongst the
participants, (see next rule) a quick thinker can improvise to ensure
successful completion of the Rite. Make them another sacrifice, Demons
really love those those.
- Watch where you wave the sharp pointy items.
- Avoid walking through disembodied spirits.
- Carry an all-purpose translator's dictionary in case the ritual leader
begins talking in some strange and unknown language.
- Avoid joining your life force to anything with glowing red eyes.
- If asked to sign a contract or pact and you are experiencing doubts or
reservations, sign your neighbor's name. Malevolent entities rarely ask for
- Blood IS thicker than water. Soak ritual garments an extra 30-45
- While drunken waving may be mistaken for ecstatic dancing, slurring the
names of Deities is generally considered bad form.
- If the ritual leader should ask for a volunteer, resist the urge to
raise your hand! While it is true that volunteering will most likely gain
you stature and prestige amongst the group, thereby allowing you to advance
quickly through the ranks, it is equally likely to get you strapped to a
table and eaten alive by a drooling demonic horde.