- Why use a crystal ball - try an untuned television set - comes
with free 'white noise' too!
- Recover other people's discards and use them to produce magical
objects. Talismans made from photo-montages & collages, scrap
tins and old radio parts.
- Invoke the fetishes of the modern age, channel the corporate
identities of 'Unilever' or 'Max Factor'. What we call sorcery,
they call advertising.
- Rituals to 'Stop the City', shoplifting, rent strikes or computer
zaps are much more fun than all the usual stuff. See if you can
conjure a poltergeist to squat in the local tax office.
- Experiment with fake radio news broadcasts. Make tapes announcing
the weird and wacky then play them quietly in crowded trains and
buses. Watch people thinking 'did I really hear that?' and seize
the momentary suspension of reality to get some off-the-cuff sorcery
- Perhaps we need a revolution of the sorcerers?